Fan signs are idiotic 99 percent of the time. They are massive and obstruct the views of fans that are actually there to watch the game instead of be seen by TV cameras. The remaining 1 percent definitely don’t make up for the other fools but they certainly come close, as was the case with a basketball fan at the Capitals-Flyers game on Sunday.
It is no secret that hockey is one of the least diverse sports in the world, both in terms of athletes and fans, and although things might be shifting in a positive direction, it is mostly Caucasian folks on the ice and in the stands.
One guy embraced the lack of diversity and ran with it:
Helluva sign at the caps/flyers game. pic.twitter.com/2dGMmYc0V5
— Mark Trible (@Mtrible) February 8, 2015