Here are some links to help you get through your afternoon:
1. Weird Al Yankovic wraps up his eight days of music videos with “Mission Statement” [Wall St. Journal]
Fittingly, Weird Al’s parody ode to “synergy” and all things corporate-speak will be exclusively available at the Wall Street Journal website until tomorrow. “Mission Statement” is in the styling of Crosby, Stills and Nash, a far cry from Iggy Azalea and Lorde but somehow just as catchy and poppy. The music video can be found HERE.
2. Here’s a relay team of 90+ year old dudes being more active than you [For the Win!]
Charles Ross (91 years old), Charles Boyle (91), Roy Englert (92), Orville Rogers (96) and Champion Goldy Sr. (97) became the oldest track and field team to finish three USATF Masters Championship events. The team completed the 4X100m relay, the 4X400m relay and the 4X800m relay. If that doesn’t motivate you to start exercising, I don’t know what will.
3. The Simpsons will soon have their own dedicated streaming site [AV Club]
FXX has provided the world its first look at Simpsons World, a streaming site dedicated entirely towards streaming every single episode of Springfield’s favorite family. The service will be available through SimpsonsWorld.com and FXNOW (only cable subscribers with the FX bundle will get access to the service). In addition to the standard episode streams, Simpsons World will also offer other streaming options, including specialized tours of “movie moments” (references to films that are scattered throughout the Simpsons series), “script view” which shows the script for the episode while its playing and curated playlists for those that want to binge on the show thematically. There’s also an archive of character models, character profiles and famous quotes. In other words, Simpsons World is fittingly huge for a show with over two decades of material at its disposal.
4. Kids React to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [Youtube]
In other things that make you feel old, kids these days don’t know about the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV series.
5. A Tumblr user asked his younger siblings to name the Super Smash Bros characters with hilarious results [Kotaku]
This is just priceless. Sure, Mario and Pikachu are pretty easy. Captain Falcon though? Obviously a Power Ranger. Sonic? Fast. Mega Man? Blue Robot. Pac-Man? Pakistan, duh.
6. Banana Republic now has a “Start Up Guy” fashion line [Venture Beat]
But… there’s no cheap t-shirts complete with company logo and ironic slogan or American Apparel-like hoodies with coffee stains. I call shenanigans.
7. This sure is a headphones commercial [Digg]
3-D headphones have never seemed so alien.