This year’s NFL Draft isn’t loaded with big-time names, but it will still make for tons of good television. Here are some things to watch out for:
- Roger Goodell hugs. The New York Times had a great explanation on how the tradition of picks hugging the commish came to be. I’m really hoping for an Obama-Pizza Guy hug moment. Or maybe one of these handshakes.
- Keep your eyes glued to the TV. There is a gentleman’s agreement between the NFL Network and ESPN to not reveal potential picks via Twitter.
- Jim Irsay’s Twitter account. The Colts’ owner is one of the funniest guys to follow. His latest tweet said that there is a big draft party this Thursday. Could be fun.
- Who will win the Brady Quinn award for most awkward Green Room moment? My money’s on Geno Smith. For those scoring at home, here is a list of invites to the Green Room.
- Shots of Diddy, Terry Crews, and Kevin Costner. Those three will be on hand to shoot footage for the upcoming film Draft Day.
- The 49ers surplus of picks. The reigning NFC champions have thirteen picks. Cam Inman of the San Jose Mercury News bets that the Niners are going to be busy.
- From The Score a list of all Prop Bets going on tonight. I’m taking the “over” on 45 mentions of “Tremendous Upside”
- SB Nation has put together a drinking game for tonight.
These are just a few things to keep an eye out for. Keep tuned to NIS Sports for great analysis and snarky observations.