Hybrid SharePoint is a configuration in which users with on-premises SharePoint can take advantage of SharePoint Online features. Such users can access content that is distributed both on-premises and in the cloud using the same infrastructure. With such settings, users have unified access to data and shared functionality. Hybrid Migration to Office 365 with SharePoint Online is the optimal solution for organizations that need to migrate from the on-premises environment to the cloud. This migration helps organizations move the high-impact workloads implemented on-premises to the cloud. By doing so, they can scale operations to handle exigencies more easily. Let us look at the other advantages of implementing hybrid SharePoint.
What Are the Benefits of Hybrid SharePoint Migration?
SharePoint hybrid deployments are the bridge between on-premises SharePoint Servers and SharePoint Online. Implementing hybrid SharePoint has many more advantages over even Office 365 Migration.
Let us look at the advantages of hybrid SharePoint implementation.
- With hybrid SharePoint, organizations can ensure that regulatory compliance can be enforced better, and users can adopt the solution much more seamlessly. Their mobile workers will be better prepared to access various applications available in Microsoft 365.
- The usability of the solution improves drastically. Not only can employees continue to use the features available with the on-premises solution, but also take advantage of the frequently released updates for tools that facilitate sharing and collaboration with both internal and external users.
- With SharePoint hybrid migration, organizations can make significant savings. They can eliminate the need to integrate expensive third-party solutions that provide the same features as the application in Microsoft 365. Employees can take advantage of hybrid links, shared search and navigation experiences, and even use common identities for managing and accessing resources. This increases discoverability and reduces the friction for organizations that plan to upgrade to SharePoint Online and cloud desktop as a service solution.
- With hybrid SharePoint implementation, you can support complex scenarios and customization that are not possible with SharePoint Online. Custom code workflows, support for legacy third-party applications, support for in-house software integration, and other solutions can work with SharePoint hybrid implementation but not SharePoint Online alone. This gives organizations much more control over their data and also helps in scaling.
- Many times, organizations have to add content to silos. This can result in the creation of duplicate content. That can be a major problem for a standalone SharePoint implementation. So, users will have to switch between different sites that have unique logins, and users will have to switch between platforms multiple times. This problem will be avoided with hybrid SharePoint.
- The last point is the improvement in governance. In the current scenario, organizations are often required to keep their sensitive content on-premises. With hybrid SharePoint, organizations will not have to make a lot of changes to their infrastructure. With this kind of implementation, end-users will not have to make significant changes to the way they work. They can access all the content that they need with negligible dependence on admins.
While Microsoft has simplified the implementation of hybrid deployments, taking advantage of SharePoint Migration Services of MSP partners like Apps4Rent is a safer alternative.