A Burger King in Central, Louisiana had a ribbon ceremony on Tuesday to celebrate their grand reopening after undergoing renovations. The fast-food restaurant was renovated “due to damage sustained during a freeze several months ago,” according to WBRZ-2 (Baton Rouge ABC affiliate).

And within a few hours of the grand reopening… the Burger King caught fire. Thankfully, nobody was injured, but that likely didn’t change the frustration level for those involved.

Officials say a restaurant damaged during the freeze this past winter is closed once again, just a few hours after it reopened.

The Central Fire Department says it responded to a fire at the Burger King on Greenwell Springs Road near Sullivan Road around 3:20 Tuesday afternoon. Crews were able to get the fire under control within the hour and no injuries were reported.

Perhaps taking the company’s “flame-grilled” promoting just a tad too far!

And it may be worth taking the fire as a sign from a higher power to just close the restaurant down for good.


About Matt Clapp

Matt is an editor at The Comeback. He attended Colorado State University, wishes he was Saved by the Bell's Zack Morris, and idolizes Larry David. And loves pizza and dogs because obviously.

He can be followed on Twitter at @Matt2Clapp (also @TheBlogfines for Cubs/MLB tweets and @DaBearNecess for Bears/NFL tweets), and can be reached by email at mclapp@thecomeback.com.