The estate of Cal Ripken Jr. is up for auction, and this is going to get quite a few people to turn out. It isn’t immediately clear why this is happening and what exactly will be included in the estate. It does appear though that the brick and mortar of the building are up for auction. The house has been on the market since 2016 and it appears they want to get a return of some sort.
So what are the specifics of the building you may ask? Here are the inside numbers from DeCaro Auctions:
- LOT SIZE (ACRES): 24.38 +/-
- TOTAL SQ FT: Approximately 21,890 sqft
- LIVING AREA OFF GYM: Approximately 1,500 sqft
- MAIN HOUSE AND UPPER: Approximately 8,545 sqft
- LOWER LEVEL: Approximately 4,845 sqft
- GYM AND LOCKER AREA: Approximately 7,000 sqft
- BEDROOMS: 6
- BATHROOMS: 10 Full, 5 Half
- GARAGE: Multi-car garage, attached
Even just looking at the home itself, you’re looking at a multi-million dollar home that could easily sell for eight figures. That doesn’t include the possibility of the contents inside. There will be tours allowed to scope out the property privately before the auction date, but those are by appointment only. The auction takes place on May 12.
The most surprising part of the auction may be the fact that there is no reserve. Could you imagine coming home with an item well below its value? And it is from the Iron Man’s house? Nothing better than that. Circle your calendars.