As they do every year, EA Sports has used their NHL video game as an emulator for the upcoming Stanley Cup playoffs. Using the matchups, seedings, and rosters we’ll see as the playoffs begin this week, EA has used the simulation to try predict the results of this year’s bracket. Here’s what happened:
- Boston Bruins defeat Detroit Red Wings 4-2.
- Montreal Canadiens defeat Tampa Bay Lightning 4-0.
- New York Rangers defeat Philadelphia Flyers 4-0 sweep.
- Pittsburgh Penguins defeat Columbus Blue Jackets 4-1.
- Colorado Avalanche defeat Minnesota Wild 4-3.
- Chicago Blackhawks defeat St. Louis Blues 4-3.
- Anaheim Ducks defeat Dallas Stars 4-1.
- San Jose Sharks defeat Los Angeles Kings 4-2.
- Boston Bruins defeat Montreal Canadiens 4-1.
- New York Rangers defeat Pittsburgh Penguins 4-2.
- Colorado Avalanche defeat Chicago Blackhawks 4-3.
- San Jose Sharks defeat Anaheim Ducks 4-1.
- Boston Bruins defeat New York Rangers 4-3. Patrice Bergeron scores the Game 7 winner in OT. Shocker.
- San Jose Sharks defeat Colorado Avalanche 4-2.
STANLEY CUP FINAL
- Boston Bruins defeat the San Jose Sharks 4-2 to win the 2014 Stanley Cup!
- Bruins make their second straight Stanley Cup Final appearance and their third in the last four seasons.
- Tuukka Rask wins the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP after posting a 1.56 GAA, .948 SV% and four shutouts in the playoffs.
For those wondering, NHL 13 predicted that the New York Rangers would defeat the Chicago Blackhawks (who actually won the Cup) last year. So, yeah, why don’t we just let the boys play it out?[@Steve_Dangle] Powered by Sidelines