Last month we showed you a time-lapse video of how the Oakland Coliseum is converted to host both the Raiders and Athletics, one of only two pairs of teams that share an outdoor stadium. The other pair is the New York Jets and Giants.
A few facts about the process:
- 1,100 manual elements that need to be individually changed (end zones, flagpole banners, merchandise stores, etc.)
- Each end zone pallet weighs 2,000 pounds
- MetLife Stadium is 2.1 million square feet
- Takes 18-26 people to complete it
- Can be done in as little as 12 hours and up to 2 days
And here’s a timelapse video of the change from the field view: