Ohhhhhhhh man do I love this. In advance of tonight’s World Cup Qualifier vs. Costa Rica, ESPN’s Keith Olbermann just obliterates The Ticos and how they have acted since our boys arrived earlier this week.
For those who may not remember, the USA and Costa Rica played an epic match back in March that included 2 feet of show and gave us amazing images such as this:
The USA won the game 1-0 on a goal by Clint Dempsey and Costa Rica…WAS…PISSED. Apparently they don’t like snow. Who knew?!?
Fast forward to this week and the Americans arriving with Costa Rica promising “snow revenge.” In order to troll our team, they have so far done the following (as evidenced by the video above):
- Gave us a loud and less than nice reception at the airport
- Made our team go through the normal Customs line instead of the usual priority line
- Egged the bus
- Did not provide any training sites which resulted in us finding one on our own at a dairy. This site was then invaded by some giant stuffed cow with an airhorn
- Declined to provide the US with game balls, as is customary for pre-match training
- The cabs promised to stall traffic on our bus’s route before tonight’s game. We will see how that goes.
So anyway check out Keith Olbermann just giving it to the Costa Ricans in the only way he knows how – hilariously. Welcome back to sports Keith.
Also if you want to keep up with how the day goes for Landon Donovan and Co., give Grant Wahl a follow on Twitter.