We are utterly confused by this move, but we love everything about it. In an odd, but awesome, promotion Uber will let you order ice cream through their app for one day only 11am to 5pm – Friday, July 19, 2013.
According to Uber:
REQUEST AN ICE CREAM TRUCK ON-DEMAND IN 33 CITIES
We’re bringing back our coolest on-demand offering for round two. Uber Ice Cream is going global.
How it works:
- Download the Uber app for iPhone or Android
- Request the “Ice Cream” option via your app
- If a truck is available, you and your friends will be enjoying sweet treats and Uber swag within minutes
The inside scoop:
- Ice cream trucks will be on the road from 11 AM to 5 PM on Friday, July 19th
- Demand for ice cream trucks will be very high and availability very limited. It may take multiple tries to find an available truck. Please be patient! We’ll be working all day to deliver as much ice cream as possible.
- No cash required! Your ice creams will be charged directly to your Uber account.
Each city is partnering with local ice cream trucks to offer bundles of five or six treats for you to share with friends, co-workers, or sweeties. You can find your city’s flavor and availability below.
More details here.