Today’s entry into the Super Bowl snack arena comes from one of our readers, Courtney! She sent this along to me a couple of days ago and it was way too good to not share with all of you!
Ladies and Gentlemen, buffalo chicken dip.
1 package of cream cheese (slightly softened)
about 4-5 chicken breasts (some recipes out there use canned chicken but I think that’s nasty)
1 bottle of franks BUFFALO WING sauce (just make sure its not hot sauce, but buffalo wing sauce).
1 BIG bag of shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack (4 cups or more)
apprx 1 cup of Ranch dressing
1) boil the chicken til cooked
2) shred it with the 2 forks method
3) put shredded chicken in pot and add most of the bottle of wing sauce. then add about 2 cups of the mozzarella. melt her all down. add more wing sauce if you want it spicier
4) spread the cream cheese on bottom of casserole dish.
5) top the cream cheese with the chicken/mozzarella mixture
6) pour the ranch on top (might be a little more than a cup to cover
7) remaining mozzarella cheese on top of ranch
8) bake apprx 30 mins in 350 degree oven or until bubbly throughout and the edges get a lil brown.
As for serving, scoop chips or toasted bread squares seem to work well. Forks also do the trick, as this dip doesn’t need much.
Follow Courtney on twitter! @courtneymota