Arsene Wenger runs a tight ship at Arsenal and players who step out of line will find themselves with lighter wallets. A recent photo posted by a fan who toured the Arsenal practice facility revealed exactly how much players will pay for various infractions. The list clearly prioritizes timeliness, appearance and focus on training. Not sure what it says about Wengers priorities that showing up in the wrong kit for a match receives the same fine as wearing outdoor shoes in the dressing room.
- Non attendance of unused players at Home matches without permission of manager – £1000 ($1600)
- Late for training – < 15 mins £250, > 15 mins £500 ($400-$800)
- Late for treatment/massage – < 15 mins £250, > 15 mins £500 ($400-$800)
- Late for travel – £500 ($800)
- Late for match day meetings / meals – £250 ($400)
- Wrong kit on match days – £100 ($160)
- Inappropriate clothing outside of the dressing room – £100 ($160)
- Outdoor shoes in the dressing room – £100 ($160)
- Newspapers, laptops and phones in the medical room – £100 ($160)
- Newspapers in dressing room – £100 ($160)
- Non production of urine sample for two consecutive weeks – £200 ($320)
- Phone calls in the building (texting allowed) – £500 ($800)
- No participating in commercial activities (including Club Day) – £500 ($800)
Any players thinking about skipping payment will think twice as collections are being handled by centerback Per Mertesacker and the fines double if not paid in a week.