In honor of Dwyane Wade’s 1 game suspension for kicking Ramon Sessions in the groin, Cosby Sweaters compiled our Top 5 basketball cheap shots to the crotch. We had to limit the scope to basketball, groin, and intentional cheap shots or else the list would have been closer to 500. As it is we had to include 2 extra as Dishonorable Mention.
5. Nicolas Batum Goes For Gold. This moment could be either #5 or #1 on the list. In the 2012 Olympics, Batum does a poor job representing his country by taking a swing at the crotch of Juan Carlos Navarro. It could be #1 because of the full swing, the running start, the video quality, or even that it happened in the open court. It is #5 because he could have been going for the ball, and he does not seem to have fully landed the punch, if you know what I mean.
4. Chris Paul vs Julius Hodge. Chris Paul has made a lot of people forget about his days at Wake Forrest by the way he performs in the NBA, but just like me, you cannot run from the dickhead you were in college.
3. Phillip Williams: Always Set Up You Cut. You have to set up your defender before you make a cut in order to create space. Phillip Williams of Jackson State chose to set up his defender for the cut with his hands instead of his feet. Note:Skip ahead to 2:00 of the video
2. Herb Pope Double Tap. They say that the person who retaliates is the one who gets caught. Herb Pope while playing at Seton Hall took this concept one step further. If you give someone a cheap shot and get away with it, the person who goes for the second cheap shot in a row gets caught.
1. Rodman vs. Cameraman. We all remember Denis Rodman’s antics and outburst, but this has to be the crowning jewel of his career. By which I mean the controversial side of his career, not the 5 championships and the Hall of Fame induction.
Aaron Gray: Big Tree Fall Hard
Carmelo Takes One for His Country