BSC 2011 - Week 34

Good morning, campers!  here we are again, checking in on the Big Skeezy Challenge.  It seems like time is simply evaporating on us as we are almost into September.  Last week we saw Big Skeezy put a pesky pound back on after a long weekend of doing things that should have resulted in him putting on ten pounds.  How would he do this week?  Let’s break it down:

September already?  Yikes.  It seems like I’ve really come to screeching halt with this thing, doesn’t it?  I know, I know…plateau and such but I am probably not pushing as hard as I should be, either.  That’s why I’ve started changing it up, trying new things and seeing if I can kick the tires and light the fires.

This past week was an interesting one to say the least.  Things, as they always do, started out quite well.  Gym, good food, etc.  As most of you know, my usual lunch meal is some grilled chicken with some salad.  Nice, simple, and  healthy.  I often have lunch with my work wives, namely “Leslie” and “Sabrina” (names changed, anonymity, etc.) and the deal is that I bring the chicken (as somehow I ended up with TWO wives who don’t cook) and they will bring the salad.  This has been going on for quite some time.  Last week they decided that they were more or less over eating the same lunch every day, and that’s fine, because I get sick of it myself.  We discussed options and brainstormed some ideas for other lunch items that would be tasty, healthy and change it up a bit.  I went first and made some chicken tortilla soup.  I’d never made it before but I found a recipe that would allow me to use my trusty Crock Pot.  I did and it was awesome.  We dined quite well the next day, to be sure.

I spent Wednesday fairly normally but awoke Thursday feeling not so good.  I won’t get into the details of what my body was doing to me, but if you’ve ever seen a crop duster in action it was kind of like that.  That being said, Thursday was a wash as far as exercise goes but I didn’t ingest much so I figure it was a wash.

Friday was back to the grind and, as you all know, usually the beginning of the end of all my hard work during the week.  I went out Friday night with my friend “Abby” (name changed, anonymity, etc.) and we met up with some of her friends for some end of the week carousing.  Before you know it it’s very early in the morning and we’re all back at a friend’s house just having a grand time.  I actually did a good amount of the driving that night so I didn’t ingest much alcohol so I figure so far so good.

Saturday came and I was wiped out.  I was very tired from the night before simply because I saw the sun come up before I made it home.  I decided to stay awake and get to bed early that night so I didn’t sleep the day away and then end up awake all night again.  The plan was moving along very nicely.  I caught up on some shows on my DVR, took a nice bike ride and did things around the ol’ homestead.  Then, at about 5:30 on Saturday, I got the text from the boys asking what I was doing that night.  I told them I had every intention of going to bed early but, as they had a window of return between 7-9 PM, to call me later and see where I was at.  You all know what happened next.  I rallied, left with them around 8:30 or so, ended up in Manhattan Beach having some drinks and then retired back to the apartment to go to sleep.

Sunday was a hot day here in L.A. and the perfect type to spend by the pool.  I called one of my favorite girls to see if she would join me poolside.  Luckily, she was available.  She grabbed her hat, her sunglasses, her boat, and made her way over:


Yes, the one and only GIRL BABY!  She even brought her mother along, which was very sweet of her.  We had some drinks by the pool (GB is one hell of a bartender) and I fell asleep early, mostly due to the fact that I had a good amount of cocktails.

I was in bed relatively early Sunday night and then returned to the routine on Monday.  You know what happened next.  It was scale time.  I hopped on and discovered that…

…I’d lost three pounds, bringing me down to 281 with a total weight loss on the year of 90 pounds.  I’m now 10 pounds away from having a beer and I’m quite excited about it.

I was a bit surprised it was that much but, all things considered, I didn’t do TOO badly this week.  Hopefully come next week I’ll have cleared the 280’s and be down into the 270’s.

One note to you, the reader: I am leaving town this weekend for San Francisco (or “Frisco” as they like it to be called) and return next Tuesday night.  There’s a possibility that next week’s post will be delayed a day.

Sweep the leg.  See you next week.