Hello lovers. So I know it’s still summer but chili has always been a memory of summer for me. I brought some items home from school, had a few leftovers, and so I put together this delicious dish. It’s so simple you can probably make it right after I share a quick margarita recipe! See what I did there, I double teamed this post just like the good ol days.
Ok here we go.
First things first: BOOZE!!!!
Eva’s homemade margarita madness (makes a pitcher)
- 1 liter bottle of your favorite tequila- don’t use expensive tequila if you’re mixing, that’s just a pure waste
- 6-8 limes- juice squeezed/ no seeds
- 1 bottle agave syrup (it looks like a squeeze bottle labeled “agave syrup”)
- Pitcher and ice (ice filled half way)
Pour about half a liter bottle of tequila in pitcher, add lime juice, 3/4 bottle agave syrup, a 1/4 water. Mix, taste, guzzle. If it’s too strong, add more lime juice and agave syrup.
Other margarita options
Muddle either strawberries, blueberries, or any fruit that is ripe and sweet into the bottom of the pitcher (about 1-2 cups worth) before pouring ingredients from above. It will add a nice color and flavor—and let’s face it, people will think you worked that much harder on it!
Thai Chili Pasta
- 1 can turkey Chili (or homemade Chili, or vegetarian, it’s totally up to you!)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 onion- chopped fine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 box of your favorite pasta
- 3 tablespoons veg oil
- 1 cup water- if mix gets too thick-I hate when a mix is dense, I like to loosen them up every chance I get 😉
What to do
- In LARGE pot drizzle bottom with veg oil. Add onions when pot is at medium heat, sweat onions until they look clear.
- Add paprika, canned tomatoes, salt and pepper, Chili, and coconut milk.
- Taste for seasonings and leave on low heat.
- Cook pasta al dente (it still should have a bite to it). Toss pasta into Chili mix and cook another 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Of mix gets too thick add a little water or extra coconut milk if you have another can.
- Toss half the parmesan into mix until melted, and sprinkle top with cheese when done.
This sounds like a funny pasta dish, but trust me, it’s yummy- ESPECIALLY after a pitcher or two of margaritas!