Trending

2-Year-Old Served Alcohol At Olive Garden [Video]

Earlier this week we reported on a toddler who was served tequila at an Applebee’s and we were decently shocked, but not all together appalled. I mean, it was an Applebee’s. However, this morning we are all appalled to find out that a 2 year old was served alcohol at an Olive Garden. First they cancel their endless salad and bread sticks and now this? Falling apart is a kind way to put it for this once on top of the mountain franchise.

Jill Vant Heest claims that her 2 year old biy was given tropical sangria instead of the orange juice that she ordered. She starting noticing her son’s reckless behavior, and soon after she was notified by her waiter and the restaurant manager of the mishap. The boy was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was examined.

Jill Van Heest detailed the traumatizing experience by saying:

“It took them a while to get a blood draw from him and it took them a while to get an IV in his tiny hand.”

Olive Garden took full responsibility for the accident, stating in a press release:

“We take the responsibility that comes with serving alcohol seriously. This was an extremely regrettable accident caused by the failure of an employee to follow our strict operating procedures. We have absolutely no tolerance for failure to follow our operating procedures and we took swift, appropriate action to deal with this situation.”

No surprise, but Van Heest plans to sue the Olive Garden.