Let’s take a quick look at P. Diddy’s resume (via the ever trusty Wikipedia) in order to try and fully understand what the hell P. Diddy was thinking by coming out of his producer/ A & R role to perform on SNL 2 AWFUL songs each coupled with equally AWFUL performances.
– Sean John Combs was born November 4, 1969.
– He has been nominated for 9 Grammy Awards, has won three of them, and his clothing line earned a Council of Fashion Designers of America award.
– NAACP Image Awards – 2009, Outstanding Actor in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special, A Raisin in the Sun (Winner)
– MOBO Award – 2007, Best International Act (Nominated
– BET Award – 2007, Best Male Hip Hop Artist (Nominated
– MTV Video Music Awards – 1997, Best R&B Video: “I’ll Be Missing You” (Winner) and 1998, Viewers Choice: “It’s All About The Benjamins (Rock Remix)” (Winner)
– His business interests under the umbrella of Bad Boy Entertainment Worldwide include Bad Boy Records; the clothing lines Sean John & Sean by Sean Combs; a movie production company; and two restaurants. He has taken the roles of recording executive, performer, producer of MTV’s Making the Band, writer, arranger, clothing designer, and Broadway actor. Combs’ net worth was estimated at US $346 million in 2006.
Now again I ask, what the hell was P. Diddy thinking with the following. Are you trying to channel your old goodness w/ Mase? Are you trying to bite off Kanye? Are you that desperate for the spotlight?
And performing his soon to be never be a hit single “Ass On The Floor”. Why the hell did Swizz allow this to happen as well? Your hood card has just been revoked for performing with P.Diddy and the two other men with awful voices dancing in drag.
Cosby Sweater’s point in all of this is “you should stick with what works”.